Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:58 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Quite a while back I posted that I paid $91.00 per year to be able to stream My Cleveland Indians' games. Since the baseball season has not happened I sent a support request asking what was going to happen with my season payment and got no response.

As of today it has been announced that a short season of 60 games is supposed to start in late July. I was offered the option of a refund of ~$60.00 or to let it apply to a discount on next year's subscription. I selected to let it be a the ~$60.00 for next year.

I consider this a fair solution. :) Fair job MLB. :)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:25 am 
welcoming committee

Streaming Cleveland games.... They should be paying you :rofl2:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:38 am 

dvair wrote:
Streaming Cleveland games.... They should be paying you :rofl2:

Ya, I know the Indians are terrible. Shoot, what is it? Only 5 divisional titles out of the last six years??? And a World Series appearance a few years ago... Sigh, ya, they lost in the seventh game to the Cubs but, at least , they were there. :mrgreen: Where exactly was your team during this time span?? :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:39 pm 
welcoming committee

I grew up a Reds fan, but couldn't tell you who is even on the team now. Being in NY, I can tell you more about the Yankees as I usually watch all their games now.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:19 pm 

dvair wrote:
I grew up a Reds fan, but couldn't tell you who is even on the team now. Being in NY, I can tell you more about the Yankees as I usually watch all their games now.

Well I guess this means that I can't talk to you anymore, David. :mrgreen:

Being an Indians' fan I must consider it part of my job to hate the Yankees. :rofl2:

Although I must admit to loving the 1942 movie 'Pride Of The Yankees' with Garry Cooper as Lou Gehrig. Funny tidbit about that movie is that Lou Gehrig was left handed while Gary Cooper was right handed. They solved this by having the 'players' run the bases in reverse where third base became first base during the filming. Then they 'flipped' the film which resulted in it looking like Gary Cooper was in a left handed stance. From what I understand this was the same method used when Gary Cooper was playing defensive first base. He supposedly was actually at third base but when they flipped the film it made it look like he was at first base throwing left handed. Think mirror image... I always wondered if the scene where Lou Gehrig is getting married and the figure on the cake was right handed, and his father is throwing a fit about it, was actually a play on how they filmed.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:52 pm 

Hmmm, I did a bit more serious research on the film flipping with Gary Cooper in Pride of the Yankees. There is actually a lot of argument on this as it would appear the Cooper himself indicated, but did not actually say, the 'magic' was seriously used.

Still it is apparent that at least some film flipping was involved. I found the following article pretty interesting.
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/09/sports/baseball/researcher-concludes-pride-of-the-yankees-film-was-not-flipped.html

<edit>

I just put in my DVD of Pride of the Yankees and went to 'special features'. Under 'The Making Of' it indicates that there was actually a LOT of film flipping. Mayhaps the extent of this will never be known for sure as everyone involved in the making of the movie is now deceased. It is even possible that this argument even adds to the charm of this movie.

One thing that I found interesting is that Babe Ruth was well into retirement when the movie was made but still played himself. At the time he was so over weight that he went through extensive training to get his body back to a size where he could play the role.

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion