Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:09 pm 
welcoming committee

This is the sort of thing i'd expect in the City Centre during the Festival in August, not in February... it had me doing a double take because at first i thought it was from the 60/70's but the video quality was way too good... they sure look and sound 60/70's :D :band1:

https://youtu.be/gCicsZA7RAE

I do hope that genre of music makes a comeback, it's long overdue in my opinion, throw in a few new Jon Lord's and the world will be right again ;)

As an aside, a certain "Geekazoid" (before he joined the forces) performing with Jon Lord :lol:
https://youtu.be/OorZcOzNcgE

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

They sure do a great job with that very 70's sound *and* look!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:04 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Cool :)

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:32 pm 
welcoming committee

The long hair, or mullet on one of them, sideburns, beards, flaired (or are they bell-bottom?) trousers, instruments etc (apart from the modern 'tap to donate' digital stuff) all scream late 60's/early 70's.

Annoyingly i can't quite make out who they are so i'm struggling to find out who the band actually are, i'll get there i think, just need to loop the parts towards the end where the names are called out so i can eliminate the obvious (that so far hasn't returned anything).

The vocalist certainly sounds like he comes from Edinburgh but that said, Edinburgh generally has a soft dialect so he could be from anywhere in Scotland with a soft dialect.

The mystery is, given all the trouble they clearly went too to create the look, why didn't they have the front of the bass drum re-skinned to have the band name on it?

FYI, i didn't record this, i stumbled across it on YT.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:50 pm 
welcoming committee

Slightly on a tangent while trying to track down the drummer to find out who the band is, how is this even possible...??

Young Drummer of the Year 2019 - Finalist - Calvin Davidson
https://youtu.be/NdascU3a1B4
Quote:
Calvin Davidson's performance at the 2019 Final of the Young Drummer of the Year Event held in the UK. All entrants must be under 16 and send in a video of themselves playing. A shortlist of 40 is decided, then the top 10 are chosen to come and play in front of a panel of professional players and music industry heavyweights. Not only do they perform a solo, an accompaniment to some prerecorded music, and a piece with 2 other musicians (a piece of music that they only heard the morning of the event); but they are also have an informal chat with the judges about music and themselves.
The event, this year, kindly sponsored by Sonor Drums, Meinl Cymbals and Evans Drum Heads. Filmed at Artrix Bromsgrove UK

My mind boggles!

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion