Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:24 am 
welcoming committee

I won't go into the details because if i did this post would be far too long and i might end up leaving myself open to slander or libel.... it's about the Horizon software the UK Post Office introduced into it's system circa 2000 which was flawed, resulting in hundreds of sub-postmasters being wrongly convicted and/or jailed for fraud etc.

I remember reading when these postmasters were being convicted but it never made sense to me, it just didn't make sense back then that the Post Office had so many corrupt 'managers' in their Post Offices.

The truth now seems to be coming out:

Trouble at Post Office - Panorama - 17th August 2015
https://youtu.be/F3by7G0VQ3A?si=27uHXjTO3RYGRXVk

The Times uploaded this yesterday:
Post Office scandal: My family was ‘abused’ in Post Office ordeal | Former sub-postmaster
https://youtu.be/dvV4kvKBXO4?si=EvgZQ5Tt403yYcZM

ITV in the UK recently released a mini TV drama based on this scandal which is an excellent watch... the UK public have finally woken up to this scandal and are rightly outraged!
I won't give a link link to it because it's probably not available online yet outside of the UK but i'm sure if you know how to find the 4 part mini series you'll work out how to find it ;)

It's called "Mr Bates vs The Post Office".

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:46 am 
welcoming committee

cf. EXPLAINED: The Post Office Wrongful Convictions Scandal | Nick Wallis
https://youtu.be/ROBJjMelNGQ?si=Q6WmBl-LiBklZ2KH

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

I remember when that story broke. It will be interesting to see where it leads now. Terrible for all of those impacted by this scandal through the years.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:25 am 
welcoming committee

Stumbled across this today and it's fascinating, it took place in Manchester University, England in Feb 2022... so now nearly 2 years old.
It's 2 hours long and the 1st 20 minutes or so can be quite frustrating due to sound drop-outs (there are embedded subtitles but they doesn't catch everything) but stick with it because it really is an eye-opener to hear from a couple of people who lived through it, who to this day, continue to fight for justice and compensation.

Quote:
Nick Wallis, best known for his work on the Post Office Horizon IT scandal, joined us for the launch of the Manchester Innocence Project in February 2022.

Nick was joined by two former Subpostmasters, direct victims of one of the UK's most significant miscarriages of justice. Pete Murray and Tom Hedges shared their first hand experiences of standing up against the government-owned Post Office, through the courts to eventual victory.

The Great Post Office Scandal: What Went Wrong and Why It Matters, with Nick Wallis
https://youtu.be/jpkSIGd7Z68?si=YN1L_a3ZWW-osZb5

From what i'm reading about the parliamentary debate on this issue today, Fujitsu could also be in big trouble... at least the UK arm of Fujitsu.

Board index » Our Community » General Discussion