Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » General Computing

Post subject: If you like games...
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:28 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
You MAY want to check out the following link.
http://gog.com

GOG is a digital outlet for games. I was looking at the game 'Witcher 3' and was seeing prices averaging ~$50.00. I happened to come across GOG and found a download version for ~$25.00 including 2 expansion packs. I got another expansion pack for $2.99.

One cool aspect as to GOG is that, when you buy, you also get additional downloads if wanted. Of course there are manual downloads but it goes further. At least with Witcher 3 free options were available for maps, avatars and wall papers along with other items.

I don't see a really big difference in some prices but they give a $25.00 discount on your first order which, I think, is why I got the $49.99 game for $24.99. Also, when you buy a game, it seems that you get a 48 hour bonus deal offering very reduced prices for other stuff. For instance the extra expansion pack for Witcher 3 costs $19.99. Due to the 48 hour bonus deal I got it for $2.99.

Note that this is not for those with slow internet. For instance Witcher 3 is 9 3.9 GB files.

<edit>

BTW, I extensively researched this company before buying. They are legit and the installs seem to be clean. LOL! One search result really fit for me as it involved Witcher 3.
Game FAQs wrote:
They're 2 legit 2 quit in fact.

Fun fact: GoG.com is owned by CD Project Red. Dudes that make the Witcher games.

Board index » Technical Forums » General Computing