Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » General Computing

Is the Computer Haven 'info site' worth having?
Yes, totally! 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
It's OK but not much interest for me. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I could take it or leave it. 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
It may help some but not me. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It is a total waste of effort. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:40 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I still have work to do on articles but Computer Haven now has an 'info' site with articles and such. After the articles are done free downloads will also be included with such things as handy registry hacks and good, clean, free downloads.
http://computerhaven.com/
This should not interfere with your bookmark for the forums as the address for the forums is actually http://computerhaven.com/forum/

If any are interested in helping you will see a lot of articles that are not even started. Feel free to select an article title and ask questions relevant to the subject. Having questions to start with will make it much easier for me to write the articles.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:58 am 

I think it will help the novice when first coming here to have something to look at that will give them an idea of how much they can be helped here.

I'll have a look at the articles later when I have more time but I think the way you've been tackling things so far is really working well.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:01 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Joan, there will end up being a link in the forum navigation to this 'info' site. You have to keep in mind that even though related and linked the forums and the info site are actually two different entities. Say that someone does a search for help and hits a related CH forum thread. Clicking the search result will take them directly to the forums and they will never see the info site. The same is true the other way around. Say that someone does a search that has a result that is to an article on the info site. If the result is clicked they will go to that info article with never seeing the forums.

The thing is that, even though they are totally different sites, they ARE associated and linked. When done it would be quite possible, even probable, that a search result would point to both sites. They sort of promote and advertise each other.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:16 am 
welcoming committee

An index of the tutorials on the "info" site could be created and posted it in the forum. Conversely, you could add a "footer" to each tutorial linking to the forum (or even appropriate forum) or for assistance.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Board index » Technical Forums » General Computing