Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » What is it & How do I do things?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:32 pm 
welcoming committee

Have a problem here, and need some help. I have several temp files from google chrome of a website I was streaming audio from. Computer crashed in the middle, but the majority of the files remained. I am desperately wanting to extract the audio from these files, but have no idea, I have looked everywhere, and have had no luck. The files are F_000xxx extension-less, that makes a bit of a problem. I know there is some audio available as I submitted them for testing to the online repair site (mp4repair.org), and it did show that there was available audio, however, the author says they can not be extracted, yet the website gave me a short preview. What do I need to do first to get this audio back? I have tried ffmpeg, and numerous programs that offer help, but nothing works. I do get the MOOV ATOM not found on some of the files, and they are apparently truncated. Is this something I need to hexedit? Or should I contact the website, and find out what format their audio is streamed in first? So lost here...

Thanks,

Miklos H.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:31 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
While I can't really help I can point out a couple of possibilities.

1) The obvious, why can't you just go back to the site?

2) While it MAY be possible to extract the audio; without a file extension there is no way to know in what direction to go. Also, since there is no file extension, the site cannot be using any of the players installed on your system such as Media Player as Windows would have no way of 'knowing' which player to bring up.. It is most likely that the site itself is the player or has a player embedded within the site and the temp file is just raw data that the embedded player accesses.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:00 pm 
welcoming committee

Jaylach,

Sorry, the site is Cerebus (Anti-theft for android phones), they do not store data on their servers, so I only have the temp files. If it is raw data I'm guessing it would make sense to contact the page, and inquire what they use to stream the audio, and start from there I suppose.

Miklos

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:08 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
mhurocy wrote:
Jaylach,

Sorry, the site is Cerebus (Anti-theft for android phones), they do not store data on their servers, so I only have the temp files. If it is raw data I'm guessing it would make sense to contact the page, and inquire what they use to stream the audio, and start from there I suppose.

Miklos

I have to be missing something. If they don't store data on their servers where did the audio files originate?

Board index » Technical Forums » What is it & How do I do things?