Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » What is it & How do I do things?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:50 pm 
welcoming committee

I was fine with the December Adobe Flash release, until I got a notice that I was out of date and did I want to update today. I did.
Simultaneously, I paid attention to the tiny Adobe screen that started appearing on a video asking me if I want to allow xxx.com to retain my information. This is new. I then went to my Global Settings page and deleted everything that was saved and changed all settings. As far as I can determine, the GS settings are about tracking, not functionality, except in one instance where it tells you that functionality may be affected (so I left that setting as is).

I cannot view the original video I was trying to watch, on FF or IE. After researching at Adobe, I decided to uninstall and re-install the earlier version (December 2012). I got an Adobe error telling me it is an earlier version, to go here and install the latest version - and Quit - was my only option.

I have Player 11 Active X, but was missing the Player 11 Plugin.
Since I installed the Plugin earlier from an zip folder in my computer, nothing is working in either Firefox or IE.
This is ridiculous, as I've been messing with it for an hour.
How can I restore what I have - unless there is a less troublesome solution?

Thank you.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:35 pm 
Fearless Leader

System restore. But what is xxx.com? Do you have an infection of some sort?

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:15 pm 
welcoming committee

Hey, MacDuffie - How are you?

No infection. I was reading the newspaper and that particular video was from foxbusiness. I wasn't sure if wiping Global Settings had an effect or if too many things happened simultaneously. (Update, cleaning settings, uninstall, install.) Before yesterday, I don't remember the little Adobe message box that asks me if I want to be tracked.

I thought about SysRestore, but I wasn't sure to which date I wanted to go back.
I am thinking that some Win7 updates are making me crazy. They are not improvements, otherwise I wouldn't be complaining. I have a tiny issue with MS keyboard on another page here, and in spite of uninstalling and installing an earlier Intellitype version, the 2 buttons that I use are doing even more things than it did before I changed the program.

I have these annoying little changes...

Thank you.

Board index » Technical Forums » What is it & How do I do things?