Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » What is it & How do I do things?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:30 pm 
welcoming committee

Can't copy text. Can't right click anything. Can't hit Edit and Save All.
Website creator thinks they are being so clever and secure.

How can I work around this?
Select Element was suggested, but every time I try (in a rush, as usual) I can't grasp it,
Changing script settings in Firefox does not work.

It's bad enough to have a PDF from which I can't copy, but not to be able do a quick paste into Notepad make my day more difficult.

Thank you.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:59 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Sorry but I cannot help you. In most cases where the right click context menu is disabled on a site it is to help protect copyright infringement against members.

I, myself, have two sites on which I disable the right click context menu to help members protect their copyrights.

I cannot for fact state that your issue is not different but I have never seen a case where the right click was disabled that did not help to protect the other member's data.

As an added note to all other members of this site... Unless Patty over-rules me on this any help offered on this thread to break a site's security measures would be considered a breach of what this site is meant to be.

If Patty or Manny think that I am out of line they are welcome to re-open this thread but I am now locking it against further posts.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Technical Forums » What is it & How do I do things?