Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Hardware

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:05 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I've got a really good video card driving a 43 and 55 inch TVs. It is time for preseason baseball and I'll be watching all summer as I subscribe to streaming for my Cleveland Guardians.

Here is what I wonder. While streaming a game, or other streaming, in my browser, and I pull up some games on the 43 inch, the stream will be thrown partially off screen on the 55 inch. I assume that this is due to the games in question being older and running at a lower resolution than my normal screens. What I don't get is that I can alt/tab out of the game and then bring it up again and the stream is fine. What happens is that I have the stream going in my browser full screen window. Open, or bring up from my taskbar, and the stream is half off the screen. Alt/tab out of the game and the stream is split between both monitors. Move the stream back to the 55 inch and make full screen again and then bring back up the game and all is fine.

I DO figure that this is due to the screen with the video game switching resolutions which I can understand. What I don't understand is why alt/tab out of the game and then bring up the game again everything being fine.

No big deal as I've become quite used to this process and everything DOES work out. I'm just curious as to why alt/tab out of the game then bringing it back up fixes things. :dunno:

Any ideas? I don't consider this to really be an issue, just curious. ;)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

Full screen on a dual monitor setup can glitch at times, though I've not seen what you are experiencing as I'm using 2 of the exact same monitors in my setup. I suspect, as you do, that it is due to two different screen display resolutions and two full screen programs, coupled with the fact that the game is resetting the screen resolution of the monitor it will occupy. That reset would appear to be causing a glitch with the browser full screen on the other disply.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:19 pm 

Ya, I don't really consider it an issue but, like I said, I'm curious. I pretty much understand the cause but not why alt/tab out of the game and then bring back up fixes. :dunno: It just would be easier for me to get a handle if the alt/tab deal didn't fix. That is really the only aspect that I don't get. :dunno:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:35 am 
welcoming committee

I believe it to be the reset that you do.

Not exactly the same but I was having a problem with my streaming service on my Dish box where the preview would show and then it would switch to the actual movie. There was, I am sure, a change in resolution and the show would appear as lines, without any definition at all. I would do a pause to the show, then a resume, and the movie would be perfect. So I assume it is the lack of a reset that is causing it, as you suspect.
(By the way, it only happens on MAX)

William A. Gustafson
I know I have forgotten more than I can ever hope to remember.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:17 am 

BillG wrote:
I believe it to be the reset that you do.

Not exactly the same but I was having a problem with my streaming service on my Dish box where the preview would show and then it would switch to the actual movie. There was, I am sure, a change in resolution and the show would appear as lines, without any definition at all. I would do a pause to the show, then a resume, and the movie would be perfect. So I assume it is the lack of a reset that is causing it, as you suspect.
(By the way, it only happens on MAX)

I've never had that happen with Max but I don't recall ever launching Max on my PC as I just use the Max app on my 55 inch TV. All my streaming services are on both my TV and PC but I only do on the PC if I want to DVR something. For that I use a video capture put out by Applian called Replay Video Capture 9. Best video capture I've ever found. On a dual display system you just tell it what screen to look at and it automatically detecs a window with motion but you can change if needed. You can even minimize the window and it still records.
https://applian.com/replay-video-capture/welcome9?utm_source=install&utm_medium=install&utm_campaign=RVC9

I have pretty much their entire suite which includes audio capture, editor and other apps.

Board index » Technical Forums » Hardware