Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:14 am 
welcoming committee

Have any other CH members experienced difficulty using Google Chrome in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit? Everything worked nicely in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit but when I upgraded to Win 10 Chrome has never worked. It will launch, then freeze and "Not respond" as I have to launch Task Manager to close it. Since I never used Windows 8 or 8.1 I don't know if this problem existed for those systems. This has been ongoing since October 2015.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome several times. I have tried running Chrome both in Sandboxie and and out outside Sandboxie. Nothing works! Is there a solution for this or did Microsoft implement some sort of anti-Google Chrome code into the Windows 10 system?

It just goes to show you, it's always something. If it's not one thing it's another!
_Rosanne Rosannadanna

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:42 am 
Fearless Leader

Sorry Terry, I don't know. I never use it. My understanding is that Edge is "Chrome-like." Have you tried it? It's better than it was when Windows 10 first came out.

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:34 pm 
welcoming committee

No I haven't Patty. The reason is I can't use Edge in Sandboxie. Besides I shouldn't be forced to use another browser because MS wont let Chrome run. Maybe you can make an inquiry to Microsoft or you can download Chrome an give it a test. After that remove it from your system.

It just goes to show you, it's always something. If it's not one thing it's another!
_Rosanne Rosannadanna

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:04 pm 
welcoming committee

I searched this issue through Bing. I discovered there are many other Windows 10 users that are having this problem although that was back before October of 2015. I haven't found anything more recent. I also haven't found a solution.

Patty I also wasn't snapping at you but I did let my frustration show a little bit. I apologize for that.

_Rosanne Rosannadanna

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

I use Google Chrome daily on Windows 10 x64 on more than one system, but that doesn't help you -- except to indicate that the problem is specific to your system in some way. (And, of course, others with the same issue...) I did recently have a problem where it would not lunch the UI, but that was resolved with a reboot and is related to some other issues I'm having on the older desktop PC that started live with Windows 7, was upgraded from 7 to 10 and has aged a number of years. That machine is due for replacement before the end of the year, perhaps sooner if the random issues escalate.
Sorry I can't offer any advice for your issue with Chrome on your machine, though.

-steve

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:53 pm 
Fearless Leader

No problem, Terry. I didn't even realize you were snapping at me. LOL

If it helps, Edge is already sandboxed. All of the Universal Windows Apps are sandboxed. That means it is isolated in memory - it doesn't mean you don't store cookies, etc. However, if you choose an In Private session, it is completely sandboxed, just like Sandboxie. Nothing remains when you close that session,

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:27 pm 
welcoming committee

MacDuffie wrote:
No problem, Terry. I didn't even realize you were snapping at me. LOL

If it helps, Edge is already sandboxed. All of the Universal Windows Apps are sandboxed. That means it is isolated in memory - it doesn't mean you don't store cookies, etc. However, if you choose an In Private session, it is completely sandboxed, just like Sandboxie. Nothing remains when you close that session,

I was probably hearing my voice in my head as I typed. This issue has bugged me since the upgrade. I even quit using Chrome and jumped over to Firefox and sometimes Opera.

That's very interesting. I'll give Edge a try.

Steve I have this problem on to different Windows 10 machines. The security is set up the same. They are set up differently as far as peripheral software goes. The one thing I have noticed is the OS information is different as shown below. One computer has a version and build number while the other doesn't. Why does this happen? By the way I checked the Bitdefender firewall vs the Windows firewall and that didn't resolve the problem either.

System>About

Upstairs Computer
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1511
OS Build: 10586.104

Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA013
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Installed Ram” 8.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Downstairs Computer
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: ???
OS Build: ???

Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA743
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60 GHz
Installed Ram: 32.0 GB
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

_Rosanne Rosannadanna

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

I can't tell you why you have a difference in the details available between the two computers.
Your sig quote and mine both seem appropriate. :-)
"It just goes to show you, it's always something. If it's not one thing it's another!"

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email