Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email

Post subject: Another email oddity...
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:17 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Since going from eM Client to Outlook 365 per viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2941 my forwarding from one email account is messed up.

I have several email accounts via my hosting but really only use three. Two auto forward to the most used third account to avoid having bunches of accounts in the folder pane of my email client. The third account forwards to my @Hotmail account so I only need one account in my local client. For some reason this no longer works. Actually it no longer works even if I load eM Client and nothing has changed in that client.

I only noticed this due to selecting to kill some cookies in Firefox and lost some auto logins. The two that I noticed were Walmart and my hosting. With login cookies lost Walmart wanted a second stage validation as to a code that would be emailed to me. Problem is that my Walmart account uses one of my hosting email addresses and I would not get the email even with many tries. So I went to my hosting to check things and had the same results.

It is solved as I just added another account to Outlook 365 for the hosting address that the others forward to and I got the validation emails with no issue. So now I'm in and all is working fine but I'd rather have the hosting emails forwarded to my Hotmail account just to not have multiple accounts in my local email client but it looks like that is not going to happen.

When I got in my hosting control panel I looked at email forwarding and sure enough the ones I have set to forward to another were there but the forward for that account to send to Hotmail was not. OK, must have been a glitch and I redo the forward to Hotmail... It fails saying that it is not permitted to forward to Hotmail.com. :dunno:

I don't know if this is a Microsoft thing due to my going to Outlook 365 and that changing things server side as to my Hotmail account as I let it setup automatically by just entering my email address and password in Outlook. Or it could be that it is due to something with my hosting emails that prevents the forward. Again... :dunno:

Regardless it is all working now even though I now have 2 accounts showing in Outlook 365's folder pane. A lot better than having 5 accounts showing. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

I would suspect that the restriction is with the Hosting provider and not Microsoft. Of course, anything is possible. ;-)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:48 am 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
sboots wrote:
I would suspect that the restriction is with the Hosting provider and not Microsoft. Of course, anything is possible. ;-)

Probably true but the timing seems odd. I just thought that it might be possible that when I setup Outlook 365 for the Hotmail account it might have changed something dealing with my account server side. :dunno:

Board index » Technical Forums » Internet Browsers And Email