Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:37 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
I agree Acadia. I was just seeing how secure of an install I could think of.

Oh, no, I was not throwing out any criticism at your suggestions at all Jay. It's just that if the first Windows install was behind a hardware firewall, Comcast, Verizon, whoever, then everything, in my understanding, should be OK.

If you trust your hardware firewall, then install the Operating System, then your other programs, starting first with your recovery programs and security programs, then you should be good to go (hop in your automobile and drive away). If you do not trust your hardware firewall, your own safe surfing, and your software security programs, then again, why use a pc at all if you are that afraid or paranoid?

Acadia

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:54 pm 
welcoming committee

Acadia wrote:
To repeat what I said above, there comes a time when you simply have to start having faith in yourself and your security software.

Doddie, using your philosophy I would never get into my car to go anywhere because every time I get into my car there is always a very real chance that I will be in an accident and get killed, one simply has to have faith.

Acadia

Using your analogy:

Everyone who drives knows that there is a very real chance they will be involved in a collision at some point, I'm not advocating that no-one should drive but they should accept that as soon as they sit in the drivers seat they are at risk.

How they mitigate that risk is up to them, for instance some might wear seatbelts (firewalls), others may use parking sensors (anti-malware software), but to blindly accept that even after you put on a seatbelt and activate your parking sensors means your vehicle is now 'safe' from collision and you should have faith 'in it' would be stupid. [I'm not implying anyone on here is stupid.]

As a driver i know the risks i take every time i get behind the wheel, i also know the risks i take when i connect to the internet, they are not dissimilar with the exception that the only thing likely to be killed connecting to the internet will be my data.

I still drive and i still connect to the internet because i enjoy both but i do both with my eyes open.

As my original comment about imaging is now heading down the path i originally feared, I'm done with this thread.

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)