Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)

Post subject: Strange printing error
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:32 pm 
welcoming committee

Hello everyone,
I have had a weird printing problem for quite some time now and can't seem to get rid of it. It only occurs when printing pictures or other graphics. Say, that I have a small map on the screen brought up with a regular printing program. For example, I bring up a map that I have brought on-screen using Google. The map is fine but to be useful, I would like to print it out on my printer. This is the problem that occurs: When I click on print, all I get is an error message which looks like this.
Script Error
Line:1791
char: 1
Error: Invalid Argument
Code 0
URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview. JS
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page

This has been going on for several months. I can bring up photos with no problem but as soon as I want to print, I get the above. By the way, nothing ever changes. For example, it is always line 1791.
Any thoughts on this?

Bob Daun

Post Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:14 am 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Are you trying to print through IE or another program or both?

You confuse me a bit as to exactly what you are saying as you say in a printing program and then use Google as an example. Have you tried saving the image and then printing through your printer's software? If that fails my first inclination would be to un-install all the printer software and drivers and then do a re-install with the most current from the manufacturer's site. I would suggest system restore but there is probably no restore point old enough.

If this issue is only when trying to print through IE I have to ask if this issue might coincide with an update in IE versions such as installing IE10.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:13 pm 
welcoming committee

Just to add to the above I've seen errors like this before when certain add-ins are enabled within IE.

Try to print without add-ins to see if that makes a difference/also try another browser to see if it prints OK or not

Certs: CCNA, CCNA:Security, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCITP:SA,
MCITP:EMA 2010, MCSE:Server 2008, VTSP5, ITIL V3 Foundation
http://www.michaelriccioni.com

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:16 pm 
welcoming committee

This is response to my post a few days ago about my problems with printing a trip map with Google and not being able to print it. Always got an error message (Error 1791). Been checking various posts and finally found one that seems to alleviate the problem. The poster had been trying to print with IE 8, 9, or 10 and got the 1791 error message. He then tried using Firefox and found he could successfully print everything. I reloaded my Google Map using Firefox and attempted to print and got it to print successfully. I currently don't know which version of IE I am using but I am sure it is not IE10 because I have never attempted to Load that on my machine.
Would be interested in any further comments or questions.

Bob

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:27 pm 
welcoming committee

Hi bob, I would imagine it is an add-in within IE.

I would be interested to see if you can print with Add-ins disabled. There should be an internet explorer icon in the start menu which says internet explorer (no add-ins).

It seems I was right about using a different browser to print, which narrows it down to IE.

If running it with no add-ins doesn't work, we could always try re-setting IE's settings to see if that helps

Certs: CCNA, CCNA:Security, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCITP:SA,
MCITP:EMA 2010, MCSE:Server 2008, VTSP5, ITIL V3 Foundation
http://www.michaelriccioni.com

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:33 pm 
welcoming committee

Info on script errors here.

http://www.google.co.uk/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=62a4f8f62a4608ac&q=Script+Error

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:55 am 
welcoming committee

Thanks to all who have responded to my request regarding print error (Line 1791). In doing some further digging, someone responded that they had the same error problem and had found a solution to it. Their solution was to switch from Internet Explorer (I don't know which version) and re-attempt their printing using Firefox.
So I removed IE and installed Firefox as my Browser and re-attempted to print the map. Every thing worked well. My wife was encountering the same error with IE when she was trying to print some embroidery patterns. At my suggestion, she went ahead and tried to print with Firefox and everything worked perfectly. I would appreciate any further comments on this situation.
Bob Daun

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:03 pm 

Did you try the suggestion that Michael gave you on Thursday with regards the IE add-ons ?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:14 am 
welcoming committee

BobDaun wrote:
Thanks to all who have responded to my request regarding print error (Line 1791). In doing some further digging, someone responded that they had the same error problem and had found a solution to it. Their solution was to switch from Internet Explorer (I don't know which version) and re-attempt their printing using Firefox.
So I removed IE and installed Firefox as my Browser and re-attempted to print the map. Every thing worked well. My wife was encountering the same error with IE when she was trying to print some embroidery patterns. At my suggestion, she went ahead and tried to print with Firefox and everything worked perfectly. I would appreciate any further comments on this situation.
Bob Daun

I tried the dreaded FF a long time ago and soon got rid of it. I have always been a fan of IE and have NEVER had problems with it, printing or otherwise.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:05 pm 
welcoming committee

To andsome

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my problem. I have been using IE for more than 15 years and never before encountered the problem I described. I have always been a fan of IE but since I was getting frustrated attempting print the maps I just gave FF a try and it worked. I later went back and tried IE again but again got the error message which was keeping me from printing (error in line 1791. I had seen this a few times before but never had a major problem. When I started researching the problem, I was amazed at the number of people who responded that they had encountered this. I understand that there is (or has been) a new version of IE forthcoming. If so, I sure will go back and give it a try because I always liked it.

Bob Daun

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)