Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:36 pm 

I am not sure if anyone know more than me about this program, AMD Catalyst Control Center. The reason why I am posting my message is that the latest version of AMD CCC don't show any graphic display settings anymore. I don't have a clue why this part is not showing up in the CCC panel. Right now I have the AMD graphic driver ver. 13.101.0.0 and AMD CCC is 13_12_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql. In one part of CCC panel with " Performance " show " CPU Power " and " AMD OverDrive" I am not touching those two because I don't know what are these for? If I do " override existing CPU settings " in AMD OverDrive. And the message gave me a warning if my computer is damaged by this and AMD is not responsible for this. All I want is to get the graphic display settings not AMD OverDrive. Maybe you know more about this better than me about how to find graphic display settings in AMD CCC. Before I forget and am sure that you want to know what is my computer specifications? Here is below:

Acer Aspire M3450-ER20P Gaming Desktop
FX 6100 3.3 Mhz
8 GB memory rams
1TB Hard Drive
ATI Radeon HD 7500 graphic card (PCPartner/Sapphire)
Windows 7-64X Home Premium Operating System with SP-1 (all update to this date).

Your help would be appreciated.

John

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:55 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I also run a Radeon video card on my desktop (Media) system. However mine is not as current as yours, mine being a Radeon 5450.

We need to know exactly what settings you seek. If it is just screen resolution and stuff like that just use the Windows Control Panel Display Settings to choose.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:29 am 

Hi Jay,

Here is the link below that I am talking about AMD Catalyst Control Center. In the pictures that have more variety than I have on my computer. That makes me wondering why didn't I get those like this?

http://www.anandtech.com/Gallery/Album/875#1

Check each photo and see what I mean about different things in the program of AMD Catalyst Control Center. All I have are CPU Power and AMD OverDrive under Performance and the other two are Power Profiles and CPU Power under Power. That's all I have with my AMD CCC panel. Should I uninstall this and try download again with different version but not sure which one should I download?

Thank you again,

John

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:53 am 
Site Admin

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=167211&enterthread=y

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:23 pm 

Stephen -- I want to say thank you for the link about this and I did try this evening. Unfortunately still have the same as before. No point to try again because I don't know what else to do with this?

Thank you,

John

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:35 pm 

There is always the question as to which AMD software you are actually running. Are you sure that you are running Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and not Vision Engine Control Center (VECC)? In my case my video card is mostly designed for media display and hence uses VECC.

Remember that Radeon installs cover a lot of different cards. Your card just might fall in a group such as mine that calls for VECC instead of CCC. If your card has the ability to 'sense' when video encoding is being performed this is likely to be the case.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:00 pm 

Jay --That's where I am trying to get Catalyst Control Center to install but end up in Vision Engine Control Center under Catalyst Control Center. I am confused about this. I think that I will switch over to Nvidia graphic card and see how I like the card?

John

Post Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:31 pm 

As I understand things there is no issue with your card or software. You wanted as gaming card but bought a media card instead, you did not do your homework before buying. You will NOT get CCC o install as it will detect that there is no video card that would apply to its software. On the other hand VECC DID install as it applies to your card.

Let's forget all the hardware/software matches. Are you actually having an issue other than not having the control panel you want? Are games not playing? Is there a REAL problem?

As to your link to screen shots... what are these supposed to show other than exactly what they should show for your card? I can see no issue. Again I ask, are you having an actual problem or is this just a case where you want to see settings that are not available with your card?

If you are actually having performance issues please state them. If there are no performance issues I would suggest that you quit worrying about software that does not deal with your card not loading and deal with what you have.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:12 am 

Jay -- you probably are right about the graphic card. I believe that this is NOT a gaming card but it's a media card. My mistake and will wait for a while before get the right graphic card. Want to say thanks for your help especially your time and patience with me.

John

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:41 pm 

You are most welcome. :)

I do have a question before you go out buying another card. Are you actually having issues with the one that you have besides not seeing what you want in the control panel?

When I ask about issues I mean are you being stopped from playing games at a video level that you want. As to screen resolution, color depth and such you do not need CCC for that as you can just use the Display options built into Windows. Sometimes we all get so involved in something that we want to see that we end up spending money on something that is not actually needed. I would think that a Radeon 7500 would be able to play most games out there even if that is not its main design purpose. My media card is a Radeon HD 5450 and can do Apache Air assault with every video option set at the highest level with great frame rates and never any lag. Your card is stronger with twice the memory, it should be able to handle most situations.

Since the card is built by Sapphire, same as mine by the way, I assume that it is a separate card but this chip is also available as video built on the mother board. Am I correct in my guess that it is a separate card?

Also, if it is playing your games but you get a little lag don't be too afraid of the Overdrive. I let mine auto-tune and then dropped things back one notch. I've been running that way for about 7 months without issue.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:21 pm 

Yes I see AMD OverDrive in my AMD Catalyst Center on my computer. I did tried it and not sure if that help with my desktop. But the funny thing on AMD OverDrive is that I have to overclock every time when the computer start up next day. I am not sure if I did it properly to make sure that AMD OverDrive is locked after apply. What was happen is that before overclock I can see 3400 in the box then when it's done with 4200. The next day I checked with AMD OverDrive to see if the number is locked with 4200 but it's not and went back to 3400. Am I suppose to overclock this every day or not necessary. Maybe you can tell me more about this. By the way my AMD Catalyst Control Center is 13.9 now.

Thank you,

John

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:48 pm 

You would need to be sure to click on Apply before leaving the control panel.

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)