Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:14 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I agree that there has been some humor in this thread and that is a good thing; we tend to accomplish more when we smile than when we frown. ;)

Looking at a computer as a toaster and it being more expensive to throw away a computer than a toaster I agree but then do I really.... Obviously computers are going mobile. The days of the desktop computer and even larger laptops are numbered. Last December I got an Android 10 inch tablet with case and Bluetooth keyboard for $89.00 plus shipping. This IS a computer. I've seen MANY toasters that cost a lot more; it is a 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage expandable to another 32GB storage via micro SD, quad core. ;) So yes, it CAN actually be more expensive to replace a toaster than a computer.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... atId=11943

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:50 pm 
Fearless Leader

Quote:
Every once in awhile this group becomes a bunch of chuckleheads. :)

Ha ha.... Yes, Chuckleheads R Us. :lol:

Except when we're being Knuckleheads! :)

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:39 am 

Sometimes if we didn't laugh we'd cry. We just love the technology but it can certainly at times make us feel like crying.
I was talking to a company this morning about an order I was waiting for. It hadn't arrived when it should as apparently there'd been a glitch in the system and as she said the computers weren't talking to each other. Got half the order on Tuesday and when I phoned the other half hadn't transferred over but I was assured it would be here yesterday. No delivery hence this mornings phone call, apparently it had left them so let me check the courier she said. Voice on the phone, I don't believe it there'd been an accident on the motorway and the delivery was held up because of it but we'll get it tomorrow. :-(

I was reading an article earlier about a village here in Wales that was isolated from all the UK. They have no mobile signal and then the very patchy landlines went down, one of the residents had to drive over a mile away to get a signal to let the phone company know of the fault.

Also a resident wanted to arrange a delivery but the company wouldn't do it because they couldn't be given a mobile number, wouldn't have done them any good anyway as there's no signal.

We are so used to the technology now and you don't realise how dependent you are on it till it breaks down.

Board index » Technical Forums » Programs (Applications)