Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:19 pm 
welcoming committee

I tried to go back to 7, that didnt happen. Had everything working fine at first but then I was getting a lot of "not responding" Hooked my printer up wireless and it worked for one day. M/S did an update while I was sleeping. Tried to print something, it found the access point and connected but when I went to print something it came up printer is "Offline". Called Canon and they tried to walk me through the fix and determined there was something needed more than just a fix. Did a remote with canon and saw something I had never seen before. "fault bucket" or "bucket faults" had about 500 items in it. The cost to fix it was 99.99 us which was 112 cdn. After about 2 hours of remote help we finally got it fixed. Wish I had a 7 disk. I dont understand how M/S can put out updates that completely frig up a persons pc. Wish Linux didnt require so many command lines and had set up wizards. I would ditch Billy boy 500 miles an hour.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:55 pm 
Fearless Leader

Fault bucket, really?

If you're going to blame Bill Gates for something, you ought to have some creditable tech support in your corner. That's as bad as the guys who pull up the event viewer as "proof" your machine is infected. You just got scammed, that's all.

It wasn't Bill Gates who cost you a hundred bucks. Should have come here first.

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:45 pm 
welcoming committee

I may have been scammed but my pc is running beautifully now. Didnt take 5 minutes to boot again, All I know is I went to bed and woke up to a mess. Could not use my wifi, could not print wifi, had to hard wire, Couldnt get online wifi, had to hard wire, These are not things you should have to do because an update came in. Anyways Merry Christmas. Happy "credible supporting". Over and out.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:56 pm 
welcoming committee

Get a Windows 7 Disk here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... d/windows7

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:53 am 
Fearless Leader

You didn't mention anything besides your printer. It was a wifi issue, which they fixed.

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:58 am 
welcoming committee

Another update this morning and once again my printer is not working, my custom cursor is gone and I have to go through the same thing all over again. I can understand you coming to the defense of M/S because of the relationship you and this site have with them, but I do not like some company telling me that I need to do things their way. Its like going to a garage, asking for snow tires and they install radials. So back to repairing again today. I will not call the scammers that Canon says will help. Just sit here for several hours and try to figure it out again. So much for turning "OFF" updates, you get them if you want them or not.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:44 am 
Site Admin

If you are running Windows 7 and have disabled Automatic Updates or set them to notify, you should not be getting updates.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:48 am 
welcoming committee

I tried to go back to 7 and it gave me back 10. Been trying to fix this since 6:00 am. No luck yet. Had to print a document from my cell phone. Just so you know I went through admin tools to disable them.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:03 pm 
welcoming committee

Update. Buddy who lives with me installed the drivers on his pc. He is able to print from it.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:13 pm 
welcoming committee

Hang in there bro! I don't know if Billy owes you any money but in my opinion MS owes many of us an apology. The two KB updates to avoid if you do not want Win10 are KB2952664 and KB3035583. There may be others but those are the two that I am aware of.

Don't get me wrong people, I cherish the fact that MS is constantly trying to improve their program or else what good of a company would they be? But I live by certain standards. One, Don't fix it unless it is broken. Two, as Steve Gibson states, "This is MY computer". And finally, three, let me choose when to do an update, DON'T TRY TO FORCE IT DOWN MY THROAT! Yes, technically, MS is not forcing it on us, but boy, those pop ups, etc, are grating on my nerves and I am not even getting nearly as many as others.

Ms, stop seeing us a dollars signs and start think of us as human beings, but of course I suppose I could say that to ALL companies out there. :cry:

Polarbear, hoping you get your problem solved,
Acadia

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:41 pm 
welcoming committee

Thanks Acadia, I gave the printer away. No one had an answer to the problem so I gave up. No more printing or faxing. Merry Christmas everyone.

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows