Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows

Post subject: Planning new system
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:58 am 
welcoming committee

GG and I are on the "5-year plan", a new system every 5 years. August was 5 years. So, planning my new system. This of course means I will be now jumping to Win10, Pro in this case. I always hesitate to jump from a system that is working perfectly, but I always end up loving the new OS even more.

Question: what is "Windows 10 Privacy and Security Tweaks". The company that I am planning on purchasing my new system from will enable those tweaks if I request them. This system will be sitting in a basement of a private home protected by two firewalls: will I even need this feature enabled?

But kudos to MS for tightening up their security yet even more, it is indeed an evil world out there (just read about the Las Vegas shootings). :peace:

Acadia

Post subject: Re: Planning new system
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:15 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Windows 10 Privacy and Security Tweaks is a phrase used by Puget Systems to describe Privacy and Security settings available through Windows 10.

These settings can be found without too much hassle but they are sort of spread out all over the place. They control such things as the telemetry sent back to Microsoft along with other features. If you plan on using the weather app or maps you might want to ask Puget to leave the Location setting enabled for such apps. Some of these settings can be disabled/enabled on a per app basis. Location is one such. I have Location disabled globally but enabled for weather and news.

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows