Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:57 pm 

I need your help with this because I have been trying to get my desktop working again but for some reasons the bios settings show me with top is CD/DVD Rom but I don't want this and trying to change to SSD from CD/DVD Rom in bios order. I thought that I did make the changes but still show that the CD/DVD Rom is on top of the BIOS settings. Now my question is that with one word " Removable devices " and is that for SSD? Because I don't see on the BIOS Settings with SSD so I assumed that would be Removable devices. I hope I am right with this. Yes I did googled about how to change the BIOS Settings for Windows 7.

Your help would be appreciated

Thank you,

John

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

Your SSD should appear as an internal hard drive if attached to the internal SATA ports.
Your CD/DVD in the boot order as #1 is not an issue as you want to be able to boot from a CD/DVD if it inserted. If no disc is present, the PC will move to the next device in the boot order.
-steve

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:45 pm 

Ok before I go further with this and I disconnect the cable between the hard drive and power supply also SATA cable. All I want is to have with Solid State Drive in the desktop for now also CD/DVD ROM too but never see one before right on the top with the word " UEFI " in boot order. So you think that is a problem because I disconnect the cables from the hard drive that couldn't go further into Windows logon as you can see on the screen. Or should I disconnect the cables from SSD and connect the hard drive to see if that will work? I know it all depends on anything.

John

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm 

Want to tell you all whoever will read my messages. Anyway the problem is solved and I did not do it right at the first time. At second time I did it differently and works.

Smile,

John

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Glad to read that you resolved it.
-steve

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:00 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Glad that you solved the issue but would advise that you leave the CD/DVD drive as the first boot device.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 pm 

Yes I realized that and that is why I have to read different articles on the internet about BIOS settings and mentioned that CD/DVD ROM is the first boot option before anything else. I thought at first with my SSD is first boot option but I am wrong. It's a good thing to read different articles on the internet and see what they have to say. It helped me to understand this.

Smile,

John

Board index » Technical Forums » Microsoft Windows