Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » System Recovery

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:57 pm 
welcoming committee

I know how to mount a Macrium image using Windows Explorer, including how to select a drive letter for the temporary image. But when I'm finished, I can't see how to unmount the temporary image/drive. The manual says I can select the option 'Unmount Macrium Image' from the Windows context menu. But I don't have this option in my Win 10 context menu.

I think all temporary mounted images are detached when I restart my computer, but I'm not always ready to restart my computer when I want to detach the temporary image. So isn't there another way to detach?

Thanks in advance.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:01 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I really don't know but may have a 'hunch'. Right click on the icon for the mounted image in file explorer and see if you have an option to 'eject'.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:13 am 
welcoming committee

Peter is the Macrium expert. I will send him a PM at Wilders, where he is a lot of the time being a moderator, and ask him to come here.
Acadia

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:01 am 
welcoming committee

Acadia wrote:
Peter is the Macrium expert. I will send him a PM at Wilders, where he is a lot of the time being a moderator, and ask him to come here.
Acadia

Hi BB

assuming the image is mounted right click on the mounted drive. There should be a Macrium option there. Hover over that and you should see an unmount option.

I just tried it on a Win 10 machine and it works fine. ALso you can open Macrium's GUI, and on the left panel of options you should see the dismount. If you don't try selecting the restore tab. It should be there.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 am 
welcoming committee

Pete, there is no unmount option that I can see when I hover. Neither did I see a dismount option when I opened the Macrium GUI. But I did see a restore tab, so I will try that (even though that doesn't seem logical to me).

Thanks to all for responding. I DO like Macrium.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:57 am 
welcoming committee

ROFL. Never said it was logical. On the explorer thing select Macrium and then see if there is an unmount option. Remember I never said it was logical. That aspect as been well noted.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:54 am 
welcoming committee

First: Peter, thanks for chiming in.

Second: Who ever said that computers, built on pure logic and math, would be logical. After all, consider their creators, we humans. :whistle1:

Acadia

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:03 am 
welcoming committee

Peter2150 wrote:
ROFL. Never said it was logical. On the explorer thing select Macrium and then see if there is an unmount option. Remember I never said it was logical. That aspect as been well noted.

Pete, I tried your suggestion of opening the Macrium GUI and then clicking on the Restore tab. And there it was.....an option to Detach a backup image from Windows Explorer. I selected this option and was then able to detach my temporary image. But in the Explorer context menu, there is no Macrium option (although there is an Acronis option).

So in Macrium you must Restore in order to Detach. Just like in Windows where you must Start in order to Close, lol.

Thanks for your help.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:21 pm 
welcoming committee

Like I said nobody said logical. But works.

Board index » Technical Forums » System Recovery