Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » System Recovery

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:04 am 
welcoming committee

Hi folks. I wanted to create an image of my 64bit Windows7 computer's C: drive. I normally use Acronis True Image Home for this, but on this particular computer, it will not run. "Cannot find any hard drives!" Apparently it's a problem with the version of Acronis I use...2011...and 64bit OS. I decided to use the "inbuilt" Windows backup to create the image. However, when I attempt to open Backup & Restore, I get the message "The page failed to load". Any suggestions would be appreciated.
(Edit) A thought just crossed my mind. (An increasingly rare event these days!) I uninstalled Acronis and now all is well.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:16 am 

Glad you managed to sort it out although I'm surprised it didn't work before. I have Acronis installed and I've used the built in Backup and didn't have any problems.

As long as you have the means to do an image you should be OK now, do you backup to an external drive ?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:24 am 
welcoming committee

Hi Joan. Yes. I do backup to an external drive. Apparently there are issues with Acronis TIH 2011 and Windows 7...particularly 64bit. I recently read the issues have been overcome in the new Acronis 2013. In the meantime, all is well as I can now access Backup & Restore.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:07 am 

My version of Acronis is the 2012 one with Plus Pack, don't think I'll bother doing any more upgrades of it though. My system is 32 bit Windows 7 and I don't remember having any problems when I had the 2011 version on here so perhaps it was just 64 bit with them.

The main is being able to make an image though so glad you're all sorted now. ;)

Board index » Technical Forums » System Recovery