Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:01 pm 
welcoming committee

I've been wondering about this for a very long time, i keep hearing the same thing from professionals and family, you really need to tell your story.

In a sense i have kept my journal and told my story here but i've had two therapists and a GP tell me that i really should speak out about my experience... one of the therapists (for PTSD) was so shocked to hear what i went through that she gave me the option for her to arrange for me to speak publicly in a medical seminar.. i was in no way ready for that at the time so i declined.

That was circa a year ago and much has changed since then in that i finally feel like i've recovered and on the path back into employment, still work to do but very close to achieving that goal.

I'd love to write a book myself but i don't have the literary skills for that, my wife is a published author but what i went through doesn't fit her genre and, well, it's too close to the bone for her to write about.

From my understanding finding a ghostwirter can be both a time consuming and an expensive process, what i'm asking is does anyone here think it would be worth my time and effort to go down this route when you consider my posts in other threads?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

I have no experience with seeking a ghostwriter, but I do think that your story is worth telling if you are able to find someone willing to be your ghostwriter.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:49 am 
welcoming committee

Doddie, like Steve, I have no experience with a ghostwriters. And I agree with you that using your wife as your actual ghostwriter is too close to the situation. However, I offer this suggestion:

Based on your posts to Computer Haven, it is my opinion that you are an excellent writer. So perhaps with the guidance of your wife with her publishing skills, you can be your own writer. Like writing your own autobiography.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:10 am 
welcoming committee

bbarry wrote:
Doddie, like Steve, I have no experience with a ghostwriters. And I agree with you that using your wife as your actual ghostwriter is too close to the situation. However, I offer this suggestion:

Based on your posts to Computer Haven, it is my opinion that you are an excellent writer. So perhaps with the guidance of your wife with her publishing skills, you can be your own writer. Like writing your own autobiography.

Barry, i love your confidence in my writing skills but the reality is i am not skilled at all in writing.

e.g. I could talk one on one about what i've been through until the cows come home but to actually sit down and put that into text would take me forever because i wouldn't be able to focus on the actual timeline of events... my mind would jump back to moments i skipped, if that makes sense.

The reason i think a ghostwriter might work for me is because i can point the person to this forum, which is chronologically correct because i posted as events happened to me, they can then take notes and question me about any blanks or missing emotions i didn't post about at the time... of which there were many because i could only post what i was capable of posting in the moment.
Add in all the subsequent mental health issues Long Covid left me with that i haven't really gone into depth in the Forum, along with the complete lack of social security support i've had from mutliple Government agencies etc (health and monetary)... to collate all that information into a book is way above my skill level.

That said, given how the original Wuhan strain of "Long Covid" (yes, each Covid variant differs for Long Covid symptoms afaict) appears to be being ignored by the mainstream media and the medical profession, i am quickly coming to the conclusion that this is a story that needs to be published.... how many people will want to read it is not that important, what might be important is that in 100 years if there is another pandemic like this then maybe if only person reads it, it might make a difference.... i firmly believe that history needs to be printed, and if ever i was going to be at the forefront of history then this will be the closest i will likely ever get.

If you're still reading this you can probably tell i'm already talking myself into going down the road of finding a ghostwriter.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:45 pm 
welcoming committee

I've decided not to move forward with this idea, i'd really like too but i've come to the concusion that to do so would be unfair on not only myself but also my wife.

I spoke to my wife about it and while she said she'd be willing to be the ghost writer (she's already published), the more i thought about it i realised it wouldn't be fair on he to re-live everything again, especially when i have little or no recollection of what she actually went through when i was effectively in a comatose state.

Board index » Our Community » COVID 19