Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » General Computing

Post subject: Role Playing Games
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:12 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
I DO like to play some games! The Diablo series is one of my favorites. Actually I have a few different games that I really like but I will do a separate thread for each in due time... Hmmm, mayhaps not. In fact I just changed the topic title for this thread from Diablo III to Role Playing Games. I will start with Diablo III but will add others as the thread grows. I just think that it would be tedious for the viewer if I were to make a thread for each RPG.

Diablo III is an RPG of the sword and magic type; think along the lines of Dungeons and Dragons. RPGs tend to be my favorites. While my characters can use some magic I do not do the actual mage type characters.

While many of these games are driven through a server (This one is Blizzard's Battlenet.), and you can add other members to your quests, I prefer to play them as a single player.

I guess I must not be too bad as a friend is a bit ticked at me about Diablo III; he also prefers to play solo. He considers himself to be a heavy gamer yet gave up on Diablo III due to it's being too difficult after around character level 40. On two different characters I am maxed out at character level 70 as a barbarian and a crusader. :mrgreen:

I enjoy this game enough that I just became a tester for a new realm.

Post subject: Re: Role Playing Games
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:29 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
Let's see... other RPGs that I have and like.

1) Microsoft did a REALLY nice job with Fable, The Lost Chapters released in 2005. Decent graphics, excellent game play.

2) Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim. I think that I will eventually like both of these but am having issues getting my game pad set up to work well with either. Both games are just too involved for me to want to control keyboard and mouse.

3) In my opinion one of the best RPGs ever written is Baldur's Gate released December 1st, 1998. This release made BioWare famous at the time. Of course the graphics are nothing special but the game play is absolutely phenomenal! It was the first RPG that I know of that had a sense of humor. And the danged thing still just keeps on ticking. I have ran this RPG in Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 and 10. It just refuses to not work.

Board index » Technical Forums » General Computing