Register    Login    Search    Articles & downloads     Who We Are    Donate    Jaylach Free Sites

Board index » Technical Forums » General Computing

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:21 pm 
welcoming committee

jaylach wrote:
Well I guess I must have done OK on my math if it measures 1/2" on your screen. :mrgreen: I'm happy that you seem pleased.
Very pleased......thanks again.

Snow? High today was about 82, mid 70s expected over the next few days. There has been snow in the mountains but I'm not there. I'm in the High Plains, the start of the foothills before the mountains.
Yea, I figured snow was at the higher elevations, but it's difficult to tell from the Weather Channel reporting. They seem to get excited about ANY snowfall.

I doubt that any are really interested but here is how I adjusted to get the desired size...
It's not that I'm not interested, it's just that I'm not very good working with programs like Paint. And I don't own any better program. It took me forever to get a free-form line around my original raccoon tail.....my eye-hand coordination is not the best.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:18 pm 
Fearless Leader

It's more than just eye/hand coordination, Bb. It's almost impossible with a mouse. You almost have to have a stylus and appropriate screen or tablet.

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:50 pm 
Resident Geekazoid Administrator

Location: The state of confusion; I just use Wyoming for mail.
MacDuffie wrote:
It's more than just eye/hand coordination, Bb. It's almost impossible with a mouse. You almost have to have a stylus and appropriate screen or tablet.

I agree! I can't do it to save my life with PaintShop Pro X3 with a mouse. Personally I think that you did an excellent job on the tail. I would have been using Paint with the grid turned on going pixel by pixel until I had a clear outline around the tail so that I could use the line function to clear out the rest.

BTW... If you want a better graphics program go to http://jaylach.com/downloads and look for PaintShop Pro 10. It is a legit free version of PaintShop Pro. It DOES have a nag screen when closed trying to get you to buy a current version but an extra click to close is worth it for a excellent editing package. I cannot say how it plays with Windows 10 but even if it does not you still have a Win 7 machine.

<edit>
Just tried PaintShop Pro 10 in Windows 10 and it seems fine.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:55 am 
welcoming committee

MacDuffie wrote:

Well no wonder I had a tough time using my mouse. I do have an iPad and stylus, so I will have to play around with that. Thanks for the info.....

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:20 am 
Fearless Leader

I am jealous. <g> Actually, for the first time ever I am considering getting an iPad, and even an iPhone. Of course funds preclude doing either. The iPad because I want to get a particular app, the KetoDiet app, which is only available on iPad, though smaller versions are available for Android and iPhone. iPhone because of apps, and I am sick of not being able to get the apps I want on the Windows Phone. Those apps have reach a dead end. Not only is no one writing them anymore, some that have written them in the past are pulling them rather than updating them. :( Windows Phone is dead. :cry:

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:52 am 
welcoming committee

MacDuffie wrote:
I am jealous. <g> Actually, for the first time ever I am considering getting an iPad, and even an iPhone. Of course funds preclude doing either. The iPad because I want to get a particular app, the KetoDiet app, which is only available on iPad, though smaller versions are available for Android and iPhone. iPhone because of apps, and I am sick of not being able to get the apps I want on the Windows Phone. Those apps have reach a dead end. Not only is no one writing them anymore, some that have written them in the past are pulling them rather than updating them. :( Windows Phone is dead. :cry:

Patty, I love my iPad, although I don't download/play with too many apps. Actually, I download many, but then I find I don't use them all so they sit idle. But it's fun to play around with. And since I gave my Notebook computer to my daughter, I carry my iPad into my family room to surf the internet and check my email while I'm watching TV.

I got my iPhone a couple of years ago when my previous AT&T contract ran out. But I made a mistake (for me) and bought the iPhone 6. Turns out it is really too big to carry in my pocket......so now I wish I had purchased the smaller iPhone 5. Since I always want a cell phone in my pocket, I had to also reactivate my little LG flip-top phone. About the only place I carry my iPhone is when I'm traveling in my truck.

With both my iPad & iPhone, I've learned that I'm not very good using my fingers on the touch screens. So I always keep a stylus handy.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:58 am 
Fearless Leader

I understand. I, on the other hand, love the big phones! I don't carry them in my pocket, I always get a holster case I can clip to my jeans waist or pocket. And lucky for me, I have small fingers! :) Well long, slim fingers, in any case. ;)

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:24 am 
welcoming committee

MacDuffie wrote:
I understand. I, on the other hand, love the big phones! I don't carry them in my pocket, I always get a holster case I can clip to my jeans waist or pocket. And lucky for me, I have small fingers! :) Well long, slim fingers, in any case. ;)

When I really want my cell phone with me is in the mornings & evenings when I am out in the woods by myself, feeding the deer and critters. I live alone and my kids insisted that I get one of those medical alert bracelets or buttons. I resisted and opted for my cell phone instead. Parents still rule!

The problem is that unless I am expecting company or going someplace, I am usually wearing 'sweats'.....and cell phone holsters don't clip well on sweat pants. So I drop my cell phone in my deep pant pocket, along with the SD cards for my trail cameras, and off I go. :cboy1:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:02 pm 

Sigh... since I brought it up I just HAD to follow through and do my best to make A Blue Angel Jet a mouse pointer.
Attachment:
blue angel example 1.jpg
blue angel example 1.jpg [ 8.24 KiB | Viewed 13559 times ]

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:42 pm 
Fearless Leader

Looks great!

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:42 pm 
Fearless Leader

Bb, yes, you're right. Holsters don't work well with sweats. Sounds like you wear sweats like I wear jeans. :)

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:50 pm 

LOL! If not at work I live in sweats or thermal undies with shorts. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:04 am 
Fearless Leader

My husband is a sweats guy too. I love my jeans. My beloved Wranglers are too big for me now. :( I don't know if I'll be able to properly fit another pair of men's - they are so much thicker, warmer and better made than women's jeans. The material on women's jeans is so thin! I did just get my first clothing item (a flannel shirt, of course) from the Junior department a couple of weeks ago. :) :) :)

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:56 am 

I've never worn jeans, I wear trousers but they are more the tailored type with elasticated waist and permanent creases down the front.
I'd never get a pair of jeans that would fit me now. Found out last Friday at the hospital just how tall I am now, 5'3¾" all my adult life I'd been nearly 5'9" trouble is the legs don't shrink so still have very long legs. :-D

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:42 am 
Fearless Leader

Oh my, Joan. That's a fair amount of shrinkage! Hope that doesn't happen to me - I'm starting at only 5'5".

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:50 pm 

MacDuffie wrote:
Oh my, Joan. That's a fair amount of shrinkage! Hope that doesn't happen to me - I'm starting at only 5'5".

No you don't want to lose that much, mine is because my spine has collapsed in several places top and bottom, I mean when the doctor tells you it's painful looking at the results of the last X-Ray. :rofl2:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:22 pm 
Fearless Leader

Amazing you can laugh about it!

Live Long and Prosper
Mr. Spock

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:06 am 

It's not much use crying about it as it wont help, it's become a bit of a joke between me and hubby he calls me his little toad or I say I'm one of those dolly pegs, I wont tell you what I call him. I don't know if you know what a dolly peg is but they were the old fashioned wooden pegs that had long prongs with a ball on top, lots of people would turn them into dolls with pipe cleaners for arms then make clothes for them. :lol:

Board index » Technical Forums » General Computing